National Scholarship Programme
Rules and Guidelines
To conduct scientific research activities in national institutions and institutes,
under the supervision of an eminent national scientist. The duration of each scholarship
is maximum one year. The applicant is required to produce and send to his National
World Federation of Scientists Delegate or Programme Representative, the following
documentation for approval.
- The official application form for a WFS National Scholarship, available from the
National Delegate or Representative.
- A short CV for the eminent supervising scientist, with full address data.
- A full CV for the applicant, with present activities and full address data.
- A brief description of the scope and methodology of the research to be undertaken,
signed by the supervising scientist and the applicant.
- The period of scholarship.
- If approved, the scholarship funds would be sent to the WFS National Delegate or
to the supervising scientist to be remitted monthly against receipt. The second
six-month rate would be transferred after receiving brief interim progress reports
from both the supervising scientist and the scholar. The final report would be due
at the end of the scholarship period.
- The scholars research activities must be linked to one of the
15 Planetary Emergencies as set out by the World Federation of Scientists.
- In addition, letters of recommendation from two eminent scientists, addressed to
the President of the WFS, Professor Antonino Zichichi, are to be sent to the National
Representative for forwarding to headquarters.
- All documents, including the letters of recommendation, are to be processed by the
National Representative and must not be sent directly to the World Federation of